S. 1881 aims to foster conflict and forestall peace by imposing new sanctions on Iran. The number of Senate co-sponsors for this dangerous bill has jumped from 34 to 58.
That's 58 lying Senators who want perpetual conflict with Iran.
I denied my consent using DownsizeDC.org's No Conflict With Iran campaign.
I encourage you to do the same. The hardwired message says…
I oppose conflict with Iran.
You may copy or edit this letter…
This is being sent to both of my Senators and my Representative.
I'm appalled that 58 Senators support S. 1881, the so-called "Nuclear Weapon Free Iran Act."
I know that YOU know Iran has no such weapon, and no plans to develop one. Two different National Intelligence Estimates have said as much. Any politician who claims otherwise is a brazen, cynical liar. And yet S. 1881…
* demands that Iran end its PEACEFUL nuclear power program…
* commits the U.S. to supporting Israel if it STARTS a war with Iran...
* ...and thereby derails Obama's negotiations
I DO NOT CONSENT!
To risk war with Iran is insanity. It would destabilize the entire world, for decades. So I’m very suspicious of the politicians who support S. 1881. I think they WANT...
* To undermine the President's diplomacy for political gain
* A perpetual Cold War with Iran in order to benefit their "defense" contractor cronies
* Every single country in the Middle East, except Israel, to be poor, weak, and unstable, in order to maintain U.S.-Israeli dominance.
I DO NOT CONSENT to this evil!
While I have confidence the President will veto S.1881 if it passes, its very existence is evidence to Iran that the U.S. is an unstable negotiating partner, unlikely to maintain its agreements. This harms the cause of peace and security. That's why I demand...
* If you co-sponsored S.1881, withdraw your name!
* If you haven't yet co-sponsored, DON'T!
* That you support any filibuster to prevent the bill from coming to a vote.
* And that my Representative STRONGLY speaks out against it.
I'll be watching what you do.
—END OF LETTER—
You will receive a copy of your letter to Congress via email. Please share your letter with friends. Ask them to take the same action.
Policy Research Director