I sent a letter telling Congress to pass DownsizeDC.org’s "Read the Bills Act."
You may borrow from or copy this sample letter…
What Congressional "leaders" did last week was nothing short of CRIMINAL.
In the spirit of "bipartisanship," they worked behind closed doors to...
* Make a budget deal that repeals the sequester and increases the deficit.
* Make another deal on a $633 billion National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), with 79 amendments.
In short, they're trying to…
* increase the national debt, which means a tax increase on children who can’t vote.
* steal over $5,600 from the average family to fund the bloated Pentagon.
I know that YOU don’t know what’s really in these bills. You and your staff haven't had time to read and digest them.
And neither did I.
This isn’t "governing." This is looting!
And I DO NOT CONSENT!
If this was actually a representative government…
* You would read the bills you support before voting for them.
* I would have a chance to read the bills and tell you my opinion about them.
The Read the Bills Act would make this happen.
Remember, you work for ME, not for your party whip. I DEMAND that you…
* Demand full readings and debate on the budget deal and NDAA
* Co-sponsor the Read the Bills Act.
I will be watching what you do.
—END OF LETTER—
You will receive a copy of your letter to Congress via email. Please share your letter with friends. Ask them to take the same action.
We research the issues and summarize them, then provide you a form letter to use with our free Educate the Powerful System. If you value this service, please consider making a monthly pledge or generous donation.
Policy Research Director