Today's Downsizer Dispatch
. . .
Quote of the Day:
"It is indeed probable that more harm and misery have been caused by men determined to use coercion to stamp out a moral evil than by men intent on doing evil."
-- Fredrich von Hayek, Nobel Laureate in Economics, from "The Constitution of Liberty"
Subject: Progress Report
We've been busy this month, mostly with behind the scenes stuff that you'll begin to see in May. Meanwhile, we've been clicking right along in April with our integrated campaign of education, recruitment, and pressure on Congress . . .
- We've transmitted over one and a half million educational Dispatches so far this year
- More and more of our Dispatches are being reprinted on websites all over the Internet
- Recruitment of new Downsizers is running nearly 1,000 ahead of last year's pace
- And messages to Congress are 64,944 ahead of last year
Funding is also moving forward . . .
- We've set a new record for monthly pledge support for the second month in a row -- $7,918 as of today
- And we received sufficient $100 contributions to collect the $1,000 matching grant from Jack Mullen
- Now all we need is another $3,053 over the next five days to make budget for April
We'd like to stress that we do not spend your money to raise money. We hardly ever use expensive direct mail, telemarketing, or fundraising events (and we'd like to keep it that way). All we do is . . .
- Include a short pitch at the end of each Dispatch
- Send a dedicated pitch like this one about once a week
This mode of fundraising costs almost nothing. It allows us to stay lean and mean and efficient in the use of your money. If you can help us build for the future by starting a monthly pledge, or make a one-time contribution to help us meet budget for April, we would greatly appreciate it. You can do so here.
Thank you for being a part of the growing Downsize DC army.