Obama and his IRS are bypassing Congress and rewriting Obamacare on their own. Please tell Congress to stop him using DownsizeDC.org's Obey the Constitution campaign.
The hardwired message says...
You swore an oath to obey the Constitution. Honor that oath. Abide by the Constitution's limits on federal power.
You can add your personal comments to this, borrowing from the following sample letter if you so desire...
Use the separation of powers doctrine to guard against lawless Presidential behavior. Obama's implementation of Obamacare is one example...
* The IRS is imposing health insurance mandates on employers and individuals even in states where by law they're exempt (http://shar.es/iI2HW)
* Obama also broke the law by extending the deadline for the employer mandate by a year
* He bypassed Congress in making these arbitrary changes
He's picking and choosing which provisions to enforce, and when. Neither Obamacare nor the Constitution give him that discretion.
His actions are illegal. And he's setting a precedent that will allow future presidents to ignore or rewrite legislation. But his lawlessness exposes a truth...
Obamacare, as Congress passed it, is a terrible law.
Therefore, I demand you...
* De-fund and repeal Obamacare
* Do your job — tell the President that rewriting and arbitrarily enforcing laws is impeachable
You have very little legitimacy left. Taking these steps will help restore some.
—END SAMPLE LETTER—
You will receive a copy of your letter to Congress via email. Please share your letter with friends and ask them to take the same action.
If you like having the Educate the Powerful tool, and you want others to use it, please consider starting a monthly pledge or making a generous one-time contribution.
Policy Research Director