CONGRESSIONAL ACTION ITEM
I just sent Congress a letter using our Repeal Obamacare campaign.
The hardwired message for this campaign reads...
I want you to repeal Obamacare.
You can borrow what I wrote to send your own comments to Congress...
Even the President knows Obamacare has problems. That’s why he delayed the mandate requiring employers to provide their employees with health insurance. He knows this increased burden will kill jobs and increase bankruptcies.
But no amount of delay will fix this problem. Marginal jobs and companies will still be lost the moment the mandate is imposed, no matter how long Obama waits. Even worse, this negative impact on marginal jobs will hurt the poor and the young the most, knocking out the bottom rungs of the economic ladder.
But it gets worse.
Obamacare is unjust...
* The “individual mandate” taxes each person’s very existence
* The “employer mandate” taxes the act of hiring people
Obamacare is unconstitutional...
* It violates my Ninth Amendment right to make my own wellness decisions
* It violates the 10th Amendment’s limitations on federal power — there is no grant of power for federal involvement in healthcare.
In summary, Obamacare is . . .
It’s also unpopular. A solid majority hates this legislation. Obamacare is thoroughly ILLEGITIMATE. Repeal it now, or risk losing what little legitimacy YOU have left.
When you act, you don’t act alone. Others are sending messages too. And everyone who acts is charged nothing. To increase your influence, you should do one or both of the following things, right now.
1) You will receive a copy of your letter to Congress via email. When it arrives, please share it with friends who also oppose Obamacare, and ask them to join you in sending their own letter. The more letters your Congressman gets, the more your voice is magnified.
2) Support our work. We need another $4,431 to meet our July budget. This is more likely to happen if someone can cover half, or even invest $500. But all contribution sizes help. And monthly pledges help the most in the long-term. Donate or start a monthly pledge using our secure, online form.
Thanks for your effort and support,