Access to and use of this site (www.downsizedc.org & secure.downsizedc.org & the DC Downsizer's Blog, hereafter simply DownsizeDC.org) is provided by DownsizeDC.org, Inc. and is subject to the following terms:
1. By using DownsizeDC.org you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of DownsizeDC.org. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms, then please, do not access and/or use DownsizeDC.org.
2. DownsizeDC.org, Inc. may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by DownsizeDC.org, Inc. Your continued use of DownsizeDC.org after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use DownsizeDC.org content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any DownsizeDC.org content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of DownsizeDC.org content requires the prior written permission of DownsizeDC.org, Inc.
4. You agree to use DownsizeDC.org only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of DownsizeDC.org. Prohibited behavior includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content, or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within DownsizeDC.org.
5. DownsizeDC.org content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to DownsizeDC.org, Inc., its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6. Under no circumstances will DownsizeDC.org, Inc. be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of DownsizeDC.org regardless of the form of action.
7. Although every effort is made to provide a safe and enjoyable experience to users, DownsizeDC.org, Inc. does not warrant that functions contained in DownsizeDC.org content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that DownsizeDC.org or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
8. The names, images and logos identifying DownsizeDC.org or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of the Downsize DC Foundation, DownsizeDC.org, Inc., and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise any license or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of the Downsize DC Foundation, DownsizeDC.org, Inc., or any other third party.
9. Downsize DCSM and DC DownsizerSM are “Service Marks” of the Downsize DC Foundation and are used by DownsizeDC.org, Inc. with permission.
11. In addition to paragraph 10, by submitting your contribution to DownsizeDC.org, you:
* 11.1 warrant that your contribution:
* 11.1.1 is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to DownsizeDC.org, Inc. for all the purposes specified above;
* 11.1.2 is not defamatory;
* 11.1.3 does not infringe any copyright or trademark right, or violate any law.
* 11.2 you further warrant that you will indemnify DownsizeDC.org, Inc. against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by DownsizeDC.org, Inc. as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
* 11.3 you waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on DownsizeDC.org and the purposes specified above.
12. You agree to use any DownsizeDC.org blogs, bulletin boards, or chat rooms in accordance with the following Rules. These apply across all DownsizeDC.org sites and services. You should, however, read the local house rules of the particular site or service you are using, as there may be some local variations to these Rules.
* Contributions must be civil and tasteful
* No impersonation — and we mean absolutely none!
* No disruptive, offensive or abusive behavior: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
* No unlawful or objectionable content. Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive, or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
* If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users, you may have action taken against your accounts.
* Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant DownsizeDC.org Blog.
* No spamming or off-topic material: we don't allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
* No advertising. And once again, we mean NONE.
* No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names, nor links to inappropriate URL's (websites).
* Misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this, action may be taken against your account.
* You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature to a DownsizeDC.org Blog. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
* Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
* You agree to submit only materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarize, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, and privacy, personal or proprietary rights. Fair use is cool; but give credit where credit is due.
* The views expressed in the comments section of the DownsizeDC.org Blog areas are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of DownsizeDC.org, Inc.
* Please get a parent's or guardian's permission before taking part in any DownsizeDC.org discussion.
* Never, ever reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, telephone number, home address or email address).
If you fail to abide by these Rules (and/or any variations in the relevant local rules for any section of the site) when taking part in the DownsizeDC.org Blog or other community service, and such violation is detected, you will be sent an e-mail which informs you why your contribution has been failed or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include your relevant account or accounts being placed into pre-moderation or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of the DownsizeDC.org areas/services.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to DownsizeDC.org Blogs or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior on DownsizeDC.org, and DownsizeDC.org, Inc. considers such behavior to be serious and/or repeated, then DownsizeDC.org, Inc. may use whatever information is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement(s).
DownsizeDC.org, Inc. reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
13. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on DownsizeDC.org (including local rules for any section of the site), then the latter shall prevail.
14. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect, and continue to be binding and enforceable.
15. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the United States.
We can help you downsize the federal government, if you want that. All you have to do is join. It's free! In return...
We'll give you an army.
We're recruiting a huge army of supporters to work for what you want.
We'll give you influence.
The Downsize DC Army will exert relentless, resistance-numbing pressure on Congress.
We'll make your voice heard.
We'll use our growing army to make your beliefs heard by everyone, everywhere, every day.
We'll give you winning strategies.
Ideas like our "Read the Bills Act" and the "One Subject at a Time Act" will give you the leverage to win the public debate, control Congress, and Downsize DC!
We'll give you powerful tools.
To gain these benefits, just enter your email address in the box below and hit Subscribe!